Monday, April 20, 2009

JT Says He Can Survive On The Island

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090420.wsptshoalts0420/GSStory/GlobeSports/home

Great to hear John Tavares blatantly state “Wherever I'm selected, I'm going to go and play there. I've said it before, my goal is to play in the National Hockey League. It's not about where I play or who I am. I just want to be part of the franchise.”

It's exactly the type of character you want in a great young player. We would love to have you Johnny T.

I would like to take a second and apologize for some of my anti-Canadian (mainly targeted at the media trying to circumvent the draft) comments on this blog and over at the globe and mail website (thanks for calling me out Norm!). I love Canada. I love the homegrown hockey fabric of Canada. I have been overly agitated at the absurd amount of reporters suggesting that Tavares should refuse to report to a franchise that I live and die with. To take the beatings that we as Islander fans have endured for the greater part of the past twenty years is tough.

I sincerly hope that for two passionate fanbases (Islander county & Leafs Nation) brighter days are ahead.

Game 4 tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment